The school term/semester/year abroad is organised in the 3rd or 4th year of high school (technical institute or high school). At the end of the experience, the student returns to his/her class without losing the year. Students are placed in public schools, with a well-defined programme and in classes with American/British/Irish pupils, depending on whether you choose the US year abroad, the Ireland year abroad or the UK year abroad. In order to be admitted, a language knowledge of Intermediate (B1) or Upper-intermediate (B2) is required.
Start with ECC and...
You can have free consultations and English tests for the year abroad. We will do the paperwork with the Italian school and the enrolment at the foreign school (choice of subjects etc.). We will give you assistance in filling in the enrolment form at the foreign school and a 24-hour emergency line for the duration of your stay.
With the “CHOOSE ALWAYS” FORMULA you will have TAILORED SOLUTIONS FOR EVERY NEED.
The host family
– Before enrolling, the student will know which school he/she will attend and well before leaving the host family (he/she can already get in touch with the host family and we will organise a Skype call!).
– The Italian family is free to visit their child whenever they wish. As an agency, we think that it is not right to limit the meetings with their children and we leave the parents the freedom to decide.
– The curriculum is important! The student can study both the subjects of his or her high school/college and those he or she would like to follow at university, and can also involve his or her teachers in the choice. It should be borne in mind that syllabuses and subjects may differ from Italian ones.
What we offer youECC helps you organise your study period abroad with a comprehensive package that includes:
- Full-board stay with a host family selected by us. The service includes accommodation, breakfast, lunch box and dinner.
- Payment of school fees
- Textbooks and school uniforms
- Medical, liability, accident and baggage loss insurance. This additional service is optional, but strongly recommended for our students
Thanks to the support of the ECC I was able to realise my dream of studying abroad and since September this year I have started my Bachelor of European Public health at the University of Maastricht I recommend anyone who shares this hope of studying abroad to get help from these incredibly knowledgeable and helpful people
Fantastic experience . Rita and her staff: perfect, serious, helpful, great support. My son had to stay 3 months in Gosport for the exchange of the 4th High School, he asked to extend to 6 months! The English family found by English Conversation came to visit us last summer, and my son who is now studying at university in a nearby city often hears from them and visits them. Very good organisation . I would recommend English Conversation to anyone who wants to have such an experience.
Reliable agency, very professional, available even on holidays and attentive to the needs of the children. It provides excellent assistance in the host country, as well as with the family and the school, with social workers. punctual in finding the necessary documentation for the Italian school ..., in short, an agency that makes this experience unique and unforgettable!!!